Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Don't Stop Believin'!

I wanted to share photos of my first spinning endeavors. I am clearly a baby spinner...so please be kind! I don't know every name for every piece of my new wheel, but I'm learning. I don't always have the time to spin even though I may want to do nothing BUT spin and sometimes my hips scream in protest at sitting for too long. But I'm here to say "don't stop believin!"

It takes practice, paying attention, not tensing up, spinning when you WANT to spin and not just when you feel you MUST, and most importantly, breathing. Fun fun fun...if it doesn't feel like fun, don't even set up your wheel. Be kind to yourself and don't judge because you are just starting out and everyone starts out at the same place!
Skeins #5 and #6...see?!
Skeins #1 and #2...
Skeins #2, #3, #4...
better eh? :)





My first skein of spun yarn is absolutely awful and there is no way I can ever make anything with it.  I laughed after taking it off the niddy noddy because it looked soooooo bad! Hehehehe! To use the goofy phrase "this is a teachable moment", I am saving it to give other baby spinners hope...because the rest of my skeins to date look mucho bettero (to me).

Each skein got EASIER to spin as I figured out "my" method for spinning and plying that worked best for me, my hands, and my hips and feet.

So a recap...first skein on the left, sixth skein on the right...cool, isn't it?! 

Skein #1 and #6

No comments:

Post a Comment